How to Join the Durham County Wildlife Club
Applications for new memberships are welcome from individuals age 18 or older. Club “membership” includes the primary applicant’s family (spouse and dependent children) and is renewed annually at the end of the calendar year.
- Complete the New Member Application form. (PDF. And also available from the DCWC Shop.)
- Bring the completed form to any of the regularly scheduled Safety Classes and sign in. Come a little early.
- Membership fees will be collected prior to the start of the meeting. No credit cards …bring cash or check.
- The basic new member Safety Class takes an hour or so to complete. If you have a spouse that will use the club, they should accompany you to the class if possible.
- If you plan to use the pistol range you should plan on staying for the additional Pistol Safety class which immediately follows the basic session and adds roughly another hour.
Safety Classes are given in the main building every month on the first Sunday of the month at 1 PM and the following Wednesday evening at 7 PM. New members may join February through November.
Safety classes for the second half of 2017 are:
|Month||Sunday Class||Wednesday Class|
|July||July 2nd||July 5th|
|August||August 6th||August 9th|
|September||September 3rd||September 6th|
|October||October 1st||October 4th|
|November||November 5th||November 8th|
Before deciding to join, please visit the club during hours when the gate is open to the public …Saturdays 11 AM-3 PM and Sundays 1 PM-5 PM. Come into the Shop, introduce yourself and ask for a “tour.” Please note that the club gate may be closed to non-members over major holiday weekends and after Christmas through 1 March. The Shop is open during the times when the gate is open and the club available to public Visitors. The Shop telephone number is 919-544-1306.
New members pay a one-time initiation fee of $325 + dues.
Annual dues are prorated by quarter: (Senior = age 65 and up)
|Full year||Regular $175||Senior $100|
|After March 31||Regular $135||Senior $75|
|After June 30||Regular $90||Senior $50|
|After September 30||Regular $45||Senior $25|