How to Join the Durham County Wildlife Club
Applications for new memberships are welcome from individuals age 18 or older. Club “membership” includes the primary applicant’s family (spouse and dependent children) and is renewed annually at the end of the calendar year.
- Complete the New Member Application form. (PDF. And also available from the DCWC Shop.)
- Bring the completed form to any of the regularly scheduled Safety Classes and sign in. Come a little early.
- Membership fees will be collected prior to the start of the meeting. No credit cards …bring cash or check.
- The basic new member Safety Class takes an hour or so to complete. If you have a spouse that will use the club, they should accompany you to the class if possible.
- If you plan to use the pistol range you should plan on staying for the additional Pistol Safety class which immediately follows the basic session and adds roughly another hour.
Safety Classes are given in the main building every month on the first Sunday of the month at 1 PM and the following Wednesday evening at 7 PM. See the club Calendar for specific dates. New members may join February through November.
Before deciding to join, please visit the club during hours when the gate is open to the public …Saturdays 11 AM-3 PM and Sundays 1 PM-5 PM. Come into the Shop, introduce yourself and ask for a “tour.” Please note that the club gate may be closed to non-members over major holiday weekends and after Christmas through 1 March. The Shop is open during the times when the gate is open and the club available to public Visitors. The Shop telephone number is 919-544-1306.
Key Club Information:
The Club is closed to the public in January and February each year.
New members may only join in the months of February through November.
Credit cards are not accepted for new member dues. Cash or check only please.
If you join the Club in October or November, you must pay the prorated amount of dues plus the next year’s full dues amount.
All Club members must be paid up for the current year by the second Safety Class given each January or their membership will expire.
New members pay a one-time initiation fee of $325 + dues. Credit cards are not accepted. Please bring cash or check.
Annual dues are prorated by quarter: (Senior = age 65 and up)
|Full year||Regular $175||Senior $100|
|After March 31||Regular $135||Senior $75|
|After June 30||Regular $90||Senior $50|
|After September 30||Regular $45||Senior $25|